Everything you give attention grows
Small tips, great results
- It is important to open the boxes on arrival. Bulbs need dry, well ventilated storage with a temperature of around 17 degrees.
- The golden rule for bulb planting is to make sure that the depth of the planting hole is 3 times the height of the bulb.
- In order to be completely assured of luxuriant flowering in successive years , it is important to enrich the soil by preferably organic feeding. Fertilisers are also an option (12-10-18), and the best time for both are just after the frost, before the bulbs start to come up. The best moment is just before or during a shower, which will dissolve the nutrients and gets them to the roots quickly.
- When using naturalising bulbs in grass areas, commonly accepted quideline is that mowing can be started an average of six to eight weeks after flowering. This will allow the bulbs enough time to produce seeds and die back naturally. An exception to this rule is the allium, which can be mown directly after flowering. The foliage of most alliums has already died back before flowering.
- At Jub Holland attention to detail is very important to quaratee good quality
- Storage of bulbs until packing and shipping
- Health of the bulbs
- True to name and size, delivery of the bulbs
- Packaging and transport of bulbs
- Packing of bulbs in net bags with colour labels
- Every design requires an expert look. If you have any questions about your design in which you want to use flower bulbs, please contact one of our specialists.